Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Defining Moments Has a Brand-New Look!

I'd like to open this blog with an announcement about my redesigned main website, http://www.definingmomentsonline.com/. Gone is the heavy maroon background, wedding-specific images, and clunky photo galleries. Instead you'll find a calming aqua color scheme (much easier on the eyes!), a different image (an artistically blurred and cropped photo of lit candles), and slide-show photo galleries that let you see all of the designs on a page instead of clicking an image, getting a pop-up window, and then having to close that pop-up to see the next image. The only thing I have left to work on is better photography of my designs, but hey, I'm an artist, not a miracle worker! With any luck I'll be able to have those new images in the slide-show galleries by the end of this weekend.

For those of you who stumbled across this blog and don't know who I am and what I do, let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Colleen Kelley, and I own Defining Moments, a company that provides customized and (sometimes) handcrafted stationery items for weddings, showers, parties, births and more. I also make handpoured candles both for party favors and decorations and for my retail home fragrance line, which can be found at http://www.definingmomentscandles.webs.com/. Both my design studio and my candle workshop are located in my home in Media, Pennsylvania, which is about fifteen minutes outside of Philadelphia.

I plan to use this blog to showcase my designs, ideas and experiments, and every now and then I will post promotions and special blog-only sales. Please become a follower if you like what I do and want to see more. I get my best ideas from other people, so feel free to send me your inspirations!